A sincere apology letter for bad behavior, an oversight, an error, a discourtesy, or a mistake plus the valuable words “I am sorry” often go a long way to smooth relations with a disgruntled customer.
Sample apology letter to customer :
City, State Zip Code
I apologize most sincerely for any discourtesy by our employee, Rebecca, last Friday afternoon. None was intended. Because of this unfortunate incident, we would like to offer you as a token of good faith, a gift certificate for $180 of merchandise valid at any of our five department stores in Happy County. Please be assured that we have taken steps to prevent a recurrence of such inexcusable rudeness by our sales staff.
Useful Sentences for Letters of Apology
- Please accept our sincere apologies for the error in your bill of December 16. We have corrected the situation and are very sorry for any inconvenience.
- We are sorry for the error in your bill and thank you for calling it to our attention.
- We really must apologize for our serious oversight in failing to credit your payment of $568.13 to your account. Your check was credited to the wrong account due to an error in our computer records.
- Please accept our company’s sincere apologies for the inconvenience that the delay in processing your claim of September 12 has caused you.
- Thank you for your letter of July 2 regarding your well-justified complaint about the serious defect in your new HJF Laser printer. We do apologize and are pleased to have the opportunity to put things right.
- Please accept our profound apologies for this mistake, which could not have happened to a more valued customer.
- We are extremely embarrassed about our sales representative’s behavior last week and we understand why you are angry. We have taken steps to ensure that this will not happen again.
- I apologize for my thoughtlessness and hope that this situation can be rectified to your company’s satisfaction.
- We trust that no lasting or substantial harm was done and apologize most sincerely for any confusion this error has caused your company.
- We apologize and sincerely hope that reinvoicing you will resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
- Please forgive my delay in responding to your urgent fax of October 17 about the poor printing of your company’s sales catalog. An unexpected business trip to Europe kept me away from the office for four days.
- Please accept our sincere apologies if this late reply to your letter of December 19 has caused you any problems.
- We owe you an apology for not answering your e-mail letter sooner.
More apology letter
Want to learn more similar topic about apology letter for bad behavior? Below are related examples :