How to write a letter of recommendation for teacher of the year and what should a teacher letter of recommendation include?
Below are steps to write a letter of recommendation for teacher of the year:
- Begin by introducing yourself and your relationship to the teacher.
- Explain the reason for the teacher is a great candidate for Teacher of the Year.
- Describe the teacher’s innovation and passion for teaching.
- Highlight the teacher’s accomplishments, such as awards and recognition.
- Narrate how the teacher is a role model for students.
- Mention the teacher’s commitment to students’ education and success.
- Describe how the teacher has exceeded the expectation to help students.
- Express your confidence in the teacher’s abilities and potential for future success.
- Close the letter with a strong endorsement of the teacher’s candidacy for Teacher of the Year.
Sample letter :
To the Selection Committee,
It is my great pleasure to recommend Mrs. Jane Doe for Teacher of the Year. I have had the privilege of teaching alongside Mrs. Doe for the past five years, and I can attest to her outstanding qualities as an educator.
Mrs. Doe is a dedicated and enthusiastic educator who strives to create an engaging learning environment for her students. She always goes the extra mile to ensure her students are challenged and supported in their learning. She designs creative and competent lesson plans to engage her students and help them understand challenging concepts. Mrs. Doe also makes a point to get to know her students on a particular level and to comprehend their specific needs and learning styles. She is an expert at differentiating instruction and modifying the curriculum to meet the needs of her students.
Mrs. Doe is also highly organized and reliable. She is always prepared for class and is always ready to help with extra duties and responsibilities. She has also been a leader in our school when the situation entails to implementing new technologies and strategies. Her enthusiasm and leadership have been motivating all the teachers in our school.
In my opinion, Mrs. Doe is an outstanding educator who deserves to be honored as Teacher of the Year. She is an incredible teacher and an even better person. She surely deserves this award, and I am confident that she will make an excellent recipient.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
Want to learn more similar of letter of recommendation for teacher of the year? Below are related examples: