Letter Requesting Unpaid Leave

How do I write a letter asking for unpaid leave and request unpaid time off? This is the sample letter requesting unpaid leave :

Your Name
Company Name
Street Address
City, ST ZIP Code

Recipient Name
Organization Name
Street Address
City, ST ZIP Code

Dear Recipient Name:

I have a long-standing family problem in my home town, Taiwan, and I have to sort it out before the end of this year. It involves some legal tangles concerning some property left by my late father. So I wish to request for 10 days leave beginning 1 Dec to settle the problem.

As I have already finished my annual and medical leave, I am willing to take unpaid leave. This is a matter of some urgency and I hope you will grant me this request. Thank you.


Your Name

More employment letters

Business letter samples

Want to learn more similar topic about letter requesting unpaid leave? Below are related examples: