Are you looking for a way to resign from your current job in a professional and courteous manner? A simple resignation letter sample can help you craft a polite and appropriate notice of resignation. A resignation letter is an important document in the process of leaving a job, so it is important to ensure that you include all the necessary information and follow the correct format. This simple resignation letter sample provides a helpful template for drafting your own letter. It is a promising idea to take the time to review this sample to ensure that you are including all the essential elements of a resignation letter, such as the date of your last day of work, your contact information, and a statement of appreciation for the opportunities provided by your employer. With a bit of careful thought and consideration, you can ensure that your resignation letter is clear and concise and will leave a good impression with your employer.
- 1 How do I write a short resignation letter?
- 2 What are the common reasons for resignation?
- 3 Simple resignation letter sample due to career advancement:
- 4 Simple resignation letter sample due to lack of job satisfaction:
- 5 Simple resignation letter sample due to poor working conditions:
- 6 Simple resignation letter sample due to family commitments:
- 7 Simple resignation letter sample due to lack of opportunities:
- 8 Simple resignation letter sample due to relocation:
How do I write a short resignation letter?
- Start with a formal salutation. It is important to address the letter to the appropriate person, such as the human resources manager or your direct supervisor.
- Express gratitude for the opportunity to work in the organization. Briefly explain why the job was meaningful to you.
- State the purpose of the letter. Include a clear and concise statement that you are resigning from your position.
- Provide your last day of work. Give at least two weeks’ notice, if possible.
- Help during the transition period. Offer to help train your replacement or assist in any other way that is appropriate.
- Close the letter in a professional manner. Include a positive closing statement and thank the reader again for the opportunity.
- Sign the letter. Include your full name and title.
What are the common reasons for resignation?
- Career advancement: People often leave their current job to advance their career in a different field, or to take on a more challenging role.
- Lack of job satisfaction: People may leave their current job if they are unhappy with their workload, or the lack of recognition they receive.
- Poor working conditions: People may leave their job if they are unhappy with their working environment, such as poor wages, or lack of resources.
- Family commitments: People may also leave their job due to family commitments, such as caring for children or elderly relatives.
- Lack of opportunities: People may leave their job if they feel there are limited opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Relocation: People may leave their job if they decide to move to a different area, either for work or personal reasons.
Simple resignation letter sample due to career advancement:
It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that I am resigning from my position as [Position] with [Company].
I have been with [Company] for [length of time], and I have enjoyed every moment of it. The experience has been invaluable, and I am grateful for the opportunities it has provided me.
However, I recently encountered a new career opportunity that I feel is too good to pass up. After careful consideration, I have decided to take advantage of this opportunity and resign from my position at [Company].
I want to thank you for the support you have provided me over the years and for understanding my need to pursue this new opportunity. I wish you and the [Company] the best of luck in the future.
Simple resignation letter sample due to lack of job satisfaction:
I am writing to inform you of my decision to resign from my position as [Position Title] with [Company Name], effective [date].
After much consideration, I have determined that my current role does not offer me the job satisfaction I am seeking, and I am no longer able to continue in this position.
I appreciate the opportunities I have had to grow and develop in my role, and I thank you for the support you have provided me during my time with [Company].
I hope to remain on good terms with [Company] and I am willing to aid during the transition period, if needed.
Simple resignation letter sample due to poor working conditions:
I am writing to inform you of my intention to resign from my position as [position] with [company name].
I have chosen to take this step as the working conditions at [company name] are no longer conducive to my professional growth and development. I have always strived to produce quality work and have been a loyal contributor to the success of the company.
However, I have become increasingly frustrated with the lack of support and resources provided by the company. The company ignored my concerns, and the situation has become untenable.
For these reasons, I have decided it is in my best interests to seek employment elsewhere. My last day of work will be [date].
I would like to take this opportunity to thank [company name] for giving me the opportunities during my time here.
Simple resignation letter sample due to family commitments:
I am writing to inform you that I am submitting my resignation from my position as [POSITION] at [COMPANY].
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I am grateful for the opportunities and the experiences I have had. However, due to recent family commitments, I have had to make the difficult decision to resign from my position.
I am committed to helping ensure a smooth transition for my replacement and I am available to answer any questions and provide any assistance needed during this process.
I want to thank [COMPANY] for the support and experience I have received throughout my time here.
Simple resignation letter sample due to lack of opportunities:
Dear [Name of Employer],
I regret to inform you that I am writing to resign from my position as [Position Title] at [Company Name].
Throughout my time at [Company Name], I have valued the opportunities and experiences that I have gained here. Unfortunately, I feel that I have reached a point where I am unable to find the career growth and development, I am looking for with the current opportunities available to me.
I wish the company the best of luck and thank you for the opportunities you have provided me.
Simple resignation letter sample due to relocation:
I am writing to formally resign from my position as [Position] at [Company].
I have recently relocated to [City], and due to the distance, I am unable to continue working for [Company]. This was an extremely difficult decision for me to make, as I have enjoyed my time here and the people with whom I have worked.
I want to thank you for the opportunity to be a part of [Company], and for all the support you have provided me. I am proud of the work I have done here, and I am confident that it has contributed to the success of the company.
I am available to help with the transition of my role, and I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
More employment letters