Stopping Payment Of Lost Check

Dear Mr. Gerald,

Our customer Excel Trading Co. has informed us that he has still not received my check (No. 12345) dated 01 February 2xxx for the amount of USD3200. We had sent the check by ordinary post two weeks ago. Now we have to assume that the check is lot in postal transit.

Please stop payment of the above check if or when it is presented to your bank and inform the police immediately. As for our customer, we are issuing a replacement check to be sent by registered post.

Thank you.

More financial matters